Due to COVID 19 restrictions world wide, please confirm all face-to-face events prior to committing.
Upcoming Australian and New Zealand Tournament Dates:
Inaugural Australia vs NZ On Line Challenge
May 15, 2020
The Australian Backgammon Federation is pleased to announce the Inaugural Australia vs New Zealand on line challenge.
Venue: Backgammon Galaxy https://backgammongalaxy.com/
Time: Three days to finish the first Match. Two days to finish each additional match.
Entry Fee: NO ENTRY FEE
Players: Open only to Backgammon Players who are living in or domiciled in Australia or New Zealand.
All Kiwi Players must register with AJM. email@example.com
All Aussie Players must register with Greg. firstname.lastname@example.org
Backgammon Galaxy Name
city / town of residence
1. All Players must join Backgammon Galaxy
2. All Aussie & NZ Players must be register with either AJM or Greg
3. AJM & Greg will exchange Players Lists.
4. Matches will be 9 Points for the Round Robin &11 Points for the
5. Clocks will be set at NORMAL.
6. Tournament Directors will use a raffle to determine the Players in
the Round Robin Matches.
7. There will be 16 Round Robin Matches.
8. Each Round Robin will comprise of two Aussies & two Kiwis.
9. Each Player in the Round Robin will play 3 Matches. Each Match will be 9 Points.
10. Tournament starts at 12:00 Friday May 15, 2020.
11. Players will have three days to finish the first Match.
12. Players will have two days to finish each additional Match.
13. An omnibus Players List will be distributed to all registered players.
14. A Round Robin Spread Sheet will be distributed to all registered Players.
15. Players will be required to contact their opponent & schedule
a time to Play the Match. Please be mindful of time
differential when scheduling a Match. 17:00 in Australia is
not 17:00 in NZ.
16. Both Players will be disqualified if they are unable to finish
the Match within the time frame. No excuses, no exceptions.
17. Players to report the results of the Match to the TDs. AJM &
18. TDs will update the Round Robin Spread Sheet and it will be
available on Google Cloud to all registered Players.
19. The 16 winners of the Round Robin will advance to the
20. The Player who has won the most Games in the Round Robin
If there is a tie the Player who has beaten the other Player in
the Round Robin will be declared the winner and advance.
21. TDs will use a raffle to determine the Players in the
22. Round One of the Knockout Round will be set up to match
an Aussie with a Kiwi.
South Australia “Angie Hambour” Tournament
July 5th Hotel Metropolitan, Grote Street, Adelaide. More info to follow
2020 Australian Backgammon Championship
November 6-8 Surfers Paradise
South Australia Spring Tournament
Hotel Metropolitan, Grote Street, Adelaide. More info to follow
Upcoming International Tournament Dates:
XXIII Austrian Backgammon Open and Austrian Doubles Championship 33rd Italian Backgammon Championship
7th-11th October 2020
(added prize one free entry (500 € worth) for the 8th Merit Open) – Casino Seefeld | Seefeld – Austria
director: Marco Fornasir
info: Marco Fornasir – email@example.com
hotel booking: Marco Fornasir – firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Merit Open International Backgammon Championship
2nd – 8th November 2020
(added prize money 30.000 €)- Merit Park Hotel & Casino | Girne – North Cyprus KKTC
Directors: Marco Fornasir | Arda Findikoglu
hotel booking: email@example.com